Here is the list with all the Call Manager services:
- Call Manager : Provides call processing
- TFTP : responsible for building and serving files for devices
- Messaging Interface : used with voice mail systems which use SMDI
- IP Voice Media Streaming Application: provides functionality underlying MOH, conferences, MTP, …
- Telephony Call Dispatcher (TCD) : provides hunting group with Auto-Attendant console
- CTL Provider : works with CTL Client to change security mode from nonsecure to secure
- MOH Audio Translator : it converts audio files for MOH utilisation
- RIS Data Collector : collects and distributes real-time information
- Extension Mobility : login/logout features
- CDR Insert : is responsible for CDR operations
- IPMA : Manager/assistant service
- Extended functions : call-back and QRT service
- Serviceability Reporter : generates reports on logged information
- Webdialer : allows web application to make call control
- CAPF : Issues locally Significant Certificates (LSC)
Here are a list of the different tools that you can use :
- CDR Analysis and Reporting tool (CAR) : is used to generate CDR reports and so on
- DBHelper : is used to fix SQL replication issue
- Dialed Number Analysis (DNA) : is used to analyze your dial plan
- Dick Tracy : is a catalyst troubleshooting tool
- Event viewer : Windows system tool to see application, system and security events
- Perfmon : Windows system tool to see and monitor counters in real-time
- Q931 Translator : it is a tool to decode Q931 messages of the ISDN/H323 stack
- Quality Report Tool (QRT viewer) : it is a reporting tool for quality purposes
- Real-Time Monitoring Tool : is an extended plugin which can view Call Manager Serviceability counters in real-time
- SDI Traces : CCM traces which provide detailed diagnostic information relative to call processing , registration,digit analysis, call flows and all protocols related and so on
- SDL traces : These are traces which are the transition levels between all nodes. It is essentially used by the tac
- SQL Enterprise Manager : it is the SQL console tool
As for fax-relay, the gateway demodulates the signal sent by the modem and send it over IP network by using the Simple Packet Relay Transport (SPRT) protocol. The remote gateway process it at the reverse side.
Modem pass-through is similar to pass-through as everything is sent in-band.
Store-and-forward fax on IP networks operates like email and so can deliver to servers or remote fax.
T37 is the ITU standard for store-and-forward fax transmissions.So a fax is converted into a TIFF attachment and sent to the network (it is the onramp gateway).Then the TIFF is sent to a server or an offramp gateway.